2020 Year End Report
A Time of Hope
2020 is quickly drawing to a close and for most of the world it cannot come too soon. Our world has experienced unprecedented heartache through sickness, death, economic shutdowns and political upheaval in 2020. It is not a year that will be remembered fondly for many. Our world needs hope.
As I write these words we are just days away from the Christmas celebration of hope, peace, and joy that the world desperately needs. It is my favorite holiday because without God sending His Son to be born in Bethlehem’s manger, there could be no peace for a sin cursed world.
I want to end 2020 letting you know that here at Barnabas1040 Missions we are encouraged and thankful for all that God did even in the year of Covid.
- We began Barnabas1040 in 2015 supporting 2 National Pastors in 2 countries. We are ending 2020 supporting 79 Missionaries and National Pastors in 19 Counties. in 2020 alone we were able to add 10 new church planters and expand into 4 new countries.
People Coming to Christ:
- The final numbers are not in yet for 2020, but as of now we have seen more than 2,000 people saved and almost 600 baptized. These converts are coming from Islamic, Buddhist, Hindu, and Communist countries. This can only be done by the Grace of God.
- As new churches and ministries have been started there has been a corresponding increase in the need for church buildings, Bible training centers, orphanages, refugee camps, and food and medicine distribution centers.
- 2020 was not just the year of the pandemic, it was also a year of hurricanes, famine, and displacement through wars and political upheaval.
- Although we did not budget for these needs God knew they would arise and as a result we were able to invest $62,800 into special projects helping those suffering through no fault of their own.
- These funds were able to help meet physical as well as spiritual needs in 8 countries: Myanmar, Laos, India, Vietnam, Chile, Iraq, Egypt, and the Philippines.
Thank you to all the churches and individuals who sent special offerings to help with these various projects. We had no idea in January of 2020 that so many people would need our help, but God did and He allowed us to work together to meet those needs. What an amazing and gracious God we serve!
- Please pray that the world will begin to open up their borders once more. There are both missionaries and national pastors that have been locked out of their countries for months. You can only imagine the stress this has caused.
- Please pray that the Lord will give me wisdom concerning expanding our ministry. I am praying about some new countries and opportunities in 2021.
- Please pray with me about our 2021 schedule. I had speaking engagements canceled in 5 foreign countries in 2020. Only God knows when those countries will reopen. In the meantime, my plan is to stay busy presenting our ministry in churches across America. Some of the national pastors we added recently were introduced to me through missionaries I shared conferences with in 2020. This was just another conformation that all things are under God’s control.
There are churches that have supported Barnabas1040 for the entire 5 years of our existence that I have not had the opportunity to personally report to. If you would like for me to report in person or through a zoom call, please contact me as soon as possible.
These are truly times of tremendous opportunity. This is not a time to be discouraged or defeated. The old saying is true that the darkest hour is just before dawn. God is still on His throne, He is still in control and He is still on a mission to get the Gospel to the entire world. We still have the glorious opportunity to partner with Christ in reaching the world!
As always I want to say thank you to all of you who make Barnabas1040 Missions possible. We could not do what we do without your prayers and support. God bless you!
Dwight & Gayle Tomlinson
USA Cell: (949) 880-9415