First News of 2021
2021 Opportunities And Challenges
As we begin the new year I am sure that all of us are hoping and praying that 2021 will be better than 2020. The reality is that none of us know what the year holds but we do have the firm assurance that God is in control and nothing will happen that He does not allow.
I thought it might be helpful to mention some of the opportunities that the Lord is giving us here at Barnabas1040 Missions.
Positive Reports From The Field
- In spite of the fact that countries across Asia are still experiencing shut downs, our national pastors are seeing people saved and baptized through their ongoing ministries. In the past few days I have heard of 67 teens and adults saved in Bangladesh, and more than 100 saved in Sri Lanka.
- In addition to these encouraging reports from the 2 countries, I have heard of people trusting Christ in Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar, India and Thailand among other places. One of the blessings of supporting dozens of church planters in 19 countries, is that we continually hear of God’s blessings in some part of the harvest field.
- Gayle and I had all of our overseas meetings cancelled in 2020, but the Lord is allowing me to travel and preach in Mission’s Conferences in the USA as churches are beginning to resume normal schedules. I have had meetings in Ohio, Florida, Virginia, North Carolina and Washington State in the last 2 months.
- These meetings not only provided the opportunity to expand the base of partnership for Barnabas1040, but also put me in contact with missionaries that I have been able to partner with in providing financial support for some of their national pastors. This has enabled new churches to be planted on the foreign fields even though the missionaries are not yet able to be physically present.
Challenges And Prayer Requests
- In the midst of the blessings there is always opposition. One of the pastors we are able to help has been imprisoned for almost an entire year without being charged or tried. Please pray that he will soon be released and able to be back with his family and church.
- A few of the pastors we support in another country are being harassed and threatened. They have not been arrested as of yet but it looks as if that may be coming soon.
- Another pastor has had his home and church vandalized twice in the last few weeks. Our ministry has helped with special offerings to replace some of the necessary items he and his family have lost.
- At least two of our pastors happened to be out of their countries when they were shut down for Covid restrictions. One of them has a baby that was born while he has been unable to get home. Please pray that these countries would open soon and missionaries and national pastors will be able to get back to their families and churches.
The needs of hurting people do not shut down just because politicians decide to close down the country. In fact, the opposite is true. The shutdowns have created great hardships around the world. Those who love and serve Christ have an opportunity to be channels of God’s love and grace to hurting people.
Barnabas 1040 has committed to helping two special projects that you can be involved in if God so leads you:
- We are in the process of building an orphanage in India that is well under way but still needs $15,000.00 to complete.
- We are helping to purchase land and build a building in a communist country that will house the pastor’s family, the church and a ministry training center. That project will cost approximately $25,000.
If you would like more information on either of these projects please let me know.
I want to once again express my gratitude to each of you who pray for and support this ministry. God is using us together to reach hundreds of souls for Christ each week. I am truly humbled and amazed at how God has chosen to add His blessings to our efforts to reach into some of the darkest places on earth with the powerful light of the Gospel! He must receive all praise and glory, for this is truly His work.
God Bless you and thank you for your love, prayers and support.
Dwight & Gayle Tomlinson
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgUSA Cell: (949) 880-9415