Summer has arrived in Southern China, but by the grace of God it is not only the weather that is “heating up.” Gayle and I moved to China 14 months ago and I am amazed at how many ministry doors the Lord has opened!
As you know, our primary reason for moving to China was to be closer to the various Asian countries that we work in. Identifying, vetting, training, teaching and empowering national pastors to plant new churches necessitates my physical presence if it is going to be done with the greatest impact.
In the past 14 months that we have lived in Asia I have made trips into 8 different countries for the purpose of furthering the work of Barnabas1040. We have traveled so much in the last year that we had to get new passports as the USA no longer adds pages, and most countries require at least 2 empty pages for entrance.
There are many difficulties to face along the road, but by God’s grace we are now supporting 34 church planters in 11 different countries. Every week our soul-winners are facing danger in order to take the gospel to those who have the least access to it.
In addition to those we already support, we are currently doing our spiritual due diligence in anticipation of entering 2 new countries through Barnabas1040. I hope to announce soon that we have added another 10 church planters to our list in these 2 new countries.
I am also happy to announce that the Lord has opened doors that I would never have thought possible here in China. Our team has been invited to preach in churches that enable us to freely preach the gospel. These are approved churches that have only placed one restriction on the message. The one restriction is, “You may only preach the Bible.”
As long as I am preaching only what is in the Bible, there are no limitations on the message! Every time we preach “only the Bible,” we see local people saved. In fact, last Sunday we were able to lead 9 adults to Christ! I am truly amazed that God has opened this door. I do not know how long the door will be open, but as long as it is, I believe the Lord wants us to boldly proclaim Him.
In closing I would like to mention a few prayer requests:
- Safety and Holy Spirit boldness for our co-workers as they proclaim Christ in “restricted access nations.”
- Safety, wisdom and boldness as our family proclaims Christ here in China.
- Wisdom as we seek to vet new church planters. Pray that the Lord will lead us to the right men, and give me wisdom as to which ones we should financially support.
- Safety and health as my wife and I travel to help train and encourage national pastors. In a few weeks we will be conducting a training conference in Vietnam.
- Growth of the many new believers that our team are discipling here in China. Our daughter and son-in- law are especially busy with various teaching and prayer times with the locals.
- Continued favor with those who hold power (under God) over our ability to stay in the country.
It is truly an honor to stand with God’s people in this part of the world. I know that we could not do what we do, without the prayer and financial support of those who stand with us in this great work. Thank you for loving the Lord and enabling us to labor on your behalf.
Here’s a 4 minute video of the work that is being done through Barnabas1040…
Dwight & Gayle Tomlinson
China Phone: 086-1521-888-1511
U.S. Office @ Liberty Baptist Church: (949) 760-5444