Third Quarter Report
It has been a very busy few weeks since we sent out our last prayer letter. By God’s grace, our ministry has seen an increase in national pastors that we are supporting.
One of my prayers for the past 6 years was that someday we would be helping at least 100 National Pastors in restricted access areas. Recently we reached and surpassed that goal and as of this writing we are supporting 105 church planters in 19 countries. God is certainly “..able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us”. Eph. 3:20.
The amazing thing to me is that this increase has happened during the pandemic shutdowns. God is not subject to mortal man’s “stay at home orders“. He is freely moving across His world orchestrating gospel encounters and using those opportunities to bring people to Himself!
Let me give you some examples of what only God could have done during this year of shutdowns:
- During the past 3 months in the midst of severe shutdowns our people have seen 887 souls saved and 221 baptized.
- That brings us to a total of 2,436 professions of faith and 635 added to the local churches through baptism so far in 2021 during the pandemic.
- So far this year we have added 30 new church planters. That is almost 30% of our total in the past 10 months alone. It took us 5 years to identify and vet the first 75 church planters and one year to reach the next 30. I attribute this to the blessings of God and the hard work of the missionaries we work with across Asia and Africa.
- In 2021 we have been able to help the poor and sick with more than $16,000.00 of food and medicine. Each one of the hundreds of people who were helped also received a gospel presentation and many were saved.
- Barnabas1040 was also able to invest an additional $15,000.00 to aid in the building of buildings used to house pastors, Bible training centers and orphan children in Laos and India.
As I consider what is happening, I can only say “To God be the glory, great things He has done”!
I want to close this report by listing some prayer requests as well as saying thank you to all those who pray for, or financially support this ministry. Individually, none of us could accomplish a great deal, but it is amazing what God is able to do through us as we join together to pray, give and go. Gayle and I are extremely grateful for each of you.
- Please pray for India and China which together account for more than 3 billion people. (36% of the worlds population) We have a few workers in each of these countries, but we need hundreds more.
- Please pray for God’s continued protection and blessing upon the 105 families that we are privileged to have a part in helping. Pray they will be bold and yet wise in the proclamation of the gospel in sometimes hostile and dangerous circumstances.
- Please pray for the reopening of the world as many missionaries are still not able to get back to the people they are called to.
- Please pray for the travel restrictions to be lifted both internationally and locally, especially across Asia where 60% of the worlds population resides.
God Bless You,
Dwight & Gayle Tomlinson
USA Cell: (949) 880-9415
“The only thing worse than being lost is being lost and no one is searching for you.”